The Latest D-Link News
Product and Solution Information, Press Releases, Announcements
|D-Link Issues Green Logistics Policy For Vendor Compliance|
|Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:34:00 AM|
D-Link, the end-to-end computer networking solutions provider for consumer and business, has issued a Green logistics policy for vendor compliance to support its continuing commitment to energy conservation.
The first manufacturer to introduce Green design and manufacturing processes, D-Link announced it will favor companies that support Green practices and has issued energy-saving regulations to its suppliers based on government guidelines, including the following:
* Environment Management - D-Link prefers suppliers that comply with ISO14001 regulations and get ISO14001 certification within a certain period of time, and reviews their performance regularly.
* Hazardous Substance Management - D-Link started with those substances restricted by EU legislation in electrical and electric equipment, then added restricted hazardous substances from other regions. Suppliers have been requested to help monitor compliance.
* For Waste Control and Recycling - D-Link also included the EU WEEE Directive 2002/96/EC (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive) into its product management.
"Around the world, interest in protecting the environment and in purchasing Green products is becoming more and more popular," said Tony Tsao, CEO and president, D-Link Corporation. "In 2005 D-Link recognized the importance of manufacturing energy-saving products using Green practices, and now is extending this initiative to its suppliers."
D-Link is also committed to seeking greener designs and to convert its current supply chain to favor companies that support Green practices. D-Link Green™ combines these goals to include the following:
* Hazardous Chemical Substance Management - D-Link requires vendors to maintain strict standards and separates the environmental management materials as Level A and Level B, to minimize or eliminate the use of hazardous substances in its products.
* Energy Efficiency - D-Link Green products include a number of innovations to reduce energy consumption and implement special power-saving features. D-Link is also an ENERGY STAR® partner for end-use products incorporating single voltage external power supplies.
* Recycling - D-Link implements the 3R concept in product development - Recycle, Reuse and Recovery - into package design to reduce excess packaging.