The Latest D-Link News
Product and Solution Information, Press Releases, Announcements
|D-LINK TAKES GREEN TECHNOLOGY TO FIVE PRODUCT CATEGORIES|
|Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:14:00 AM|
Complete D-Link Green™ Solution Includes Network Switches, Wi-Fi Routers, Storage Devices, Digital Photo Frames; PowerLine Adapters Coming Soon
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., March 17, 2009 — What's new with D-Link's Green initiative? Just about everything.
As D-Link continues to expand its Green Technology solutions - which save energy without sacrificing performance - it is also defining Green requirements for its products.
As the first company to introduce Green networking, D-Link now offers a complete line of Green Technology solutions, including switches, Wi-Fi routers, network attached storage (NAS), Internet-enabled digital photo frames and, coming soon, new D-Link Green™ Powerline network adapters.
Additionally, D-Link has just launched a new website, www.dlinkgreen.com, that outlines the company's Green initiatives, such as conserving energy, protecting the environment from harmful substances and reducing waste by using recyclable packaging. The site also provides an overview of D-Link Green technology that provides eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance.
D-Link has instituted a program to which all of its Green solutions must comply before being labeled D-Link Green. In order to qualify, products must adhere to requirements that:
* Incorporate D-Link's energy-saving technology
* Comply with green initiatives (such as WEEE, RoHS, and ENERGY STAR)
* Use D-Link's eco-friendly sustainable packaging (such as sleeveless design and soy ink)
"Identifying products as D-Link Green is not arbitrary but is instead a process in which products must comply with the program's specific product requirements and initiatives before qualifying," said Steven Joe, president and CEO of D-Link Systems, Inc. "We will continue to build innovative green technology into these and other product lines as part of our commitment to becoming more energy-efficient without sacrificing performance."
"The safety and integrity of our Green products are of great concern to us and key to our relationship with customers," said Joe. "We will continue to seek new avenues that protect the environment and help consumers save money."
He added that D-Link also supports local programs for the recycling, reuse and reclamation of consumer goods, including products and packaging.
Current D-Link Green Solutions
* D-Link Network Switches (DGS-2205, DGS-2208, DGS-1016D, DGS-1024D, DGS-1216T, DGS-1224T, DGS-1248T) - D-Link introduced the first Green network switches on the market, featuring power-saving link-down mode that shuts down ports not in use. D-Link unmanaged Green switches also automatically adjust power usage based on cable length.
* D-Link 802.11n Wi-Fi Routers (DIR-655, DIR-825, DIR-855, DGL-4500) - These D-Link routers include a power-saving link-down mode and automatic power adjustment based on cable length. The wireless local area network (WLAN) can be automatically turned off using the Wi-Fi Scheduler to save power and enhance security. The routers' SharePort™ technology saves power when used as a print server because they allow PCs to be off while sharing printers and storage.
* D-Link Network Storage Enclosures (DNS-343, DNS-323, DNS-321) - D-Link's 2 and 4-Bay storage enclosures are designed to power down the 3.5-inch SATA drives to save energy if not accessed within a timeout period.
* D-Link Digital Photo Frame (DSM-210) - D-Link's Internet-accessible digital photo frame will automatically disable the screen/backlight feature when no motion is detected.
* D-Link PowerLine Adapters (DHP-303: coming soon) - The D-Link PowerLine HD Ethernet Adapter and PowerLine HD Ethernet Starter Kit save energy by powering down when no Ethernet activity is detected.
Find D-Link Products and Solutions for Sale at http://www.DLinkWorks.com