Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Access Point
Our Price: $96.99
The DAP-1665 Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Access Point is a fast and versatile solution for bringing wireless AC to an existing wired network, or extending the capabilities of an existing wireless network. The latest 802.11ac technology delivers combined speeds of up to 1200 Mbps1, creating a high-speed wireless link between networks for optimized performance and reliable coverage delivering high-quality HD video streaming, gaming and file transfers.
High-Speed Wireless and Wired LAN
The DAP-1665 features the latest 802.11ac wireless technology, capable of delivering combined speeds of up to 1200 Mbps over two bands. Use the 2.4 GHz band’s 300 Mbps for web surfing, email and chat, while simultaneously using the lower-interference 5 GHz band's 867 Mbps for network bridging, downloading, video streaming and file transfers. For wired connections, the Gigabit LAN port enables wired data speeds of up to 1000 Mbps, meaning that Gigabit-compatible wired devices can also benefit from the high speeds of wireless AC.
Versatile Operation Modes
The DAP-1665 can be configured to operate in several modes. Access Point mode allows the device to act as a central hub for wireless users, giving them access to an existing wired network. Bridge-mode creates a high-speed wireless link between two wired networks (LANs), alleviating the need to install additional network cabling. Repeater mode extends wireless coverage of an existing wireless network to cover “dead” spots and reach farther into a business environment. Bridge mode with AP adds the functionality of a wireless access point to a bridged network, so wireless clients can access resources on both networks. Wireless Client mode is available to enable the DAP-1665 to connect to another access point and provide network and Internet access to a remote wired device such as a gaming console or media center.
Full Wireless Security
The DAP-1665 provides WPA/WPA2 security to protect the network and wireless data. This device also supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to quickly and securely set up a secure wireless network. In addition, the access point features MAC address filtering and a disable SSID broadcast function to limit outsiders’ access to the wireless network. The DAP-1665 also features a Kensington security slot so you can protect it against theft.
Wireless and Wired LAN
- Latest 802.11ac wireless technology
- Backwards-compatible with 802.11n/g/a clients
- Gigabit LAN port for wired connections up to 1000 Mbps
- Two external antennas increase range
- Access Point mode to add wireless to an existing network
- Bridge mode creates a direct wireless link between two existing LANs
- Repeater mode extends the range of an existing wireless network to reach further throughout a business environment
- Bridge mode with AP adds the functionality of a wireless access point to a bridged network
- Client mode delivers wireless connectivity to a LAN device such as a storage device, media server, or gaming console
- WPA/WPA2 security encryption to protect wireless traffic
- Quickly and easily add new wireless devices with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Kensington lock port to protect against theft
|D-Link DAP-1665 Specifications|
|Antenna||Two 2 dBi external antennas|
|Dimensions||5.79 x 4.25 x 1.1 inches (147 x 108 x 27.8 mm)|
|Weight||0.489 lbs (222 grams)|
* 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the U.S.A and Canada.
Example Usage Scenarios
Download the D-Link DAP-1665 Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $96.99